May 10, 2008

Serious A.I.'s - and not talking about Iverson


While on my adventures in Toronto, I stopped by Holt where i discovered crazy sneaks by New york based shoemaker Alejandro Ingelmo. They were right beside the blue satin Lanvin hi-tops, but my attention was quickly drawn to Ingelmo's creations. First off: colour - this rich plum colour is so nice. I've never seen it on shoes before and to make the plum leather a mirrored metallic patent really makes it something else. The black edges (mirrored detailed piping) and top stitching have an edgy wave style design which is pretty fresh and you can tell that's quality craftsmanship at its finest (better be since he's a shoemaker). The black laces match perfectly and are in sync. I'm a sucker for the silver - these bad boys are packin some heat. The low-top blues are tight - but personally, I go HIGH or go HOME. This shoemaker is quickly making a name for himself worldwide. The hi's are tagged at $485US and the low's are $50 cheaper. I think they are worth the cop. All of a sudden I'm in the mood for plums...

No comments: